Pages

Jul 25, 2013

What to wear when shooting a wedding

  When I first started shooting weddings, I wasn't sure what to wear. I wanted to look professional and cute but I knew I needed to be comfortable too. So I know I should have worn the flats, but being cute was more important, hey it was my first wedding! So I went with a short heel. Never again! By the end of the day I was not only exhausted but my feet were about to fall off. The first day on any job can be so exhausting but this was beyond exhausting. I started shooting at 11am all the way to 7pm! Whew! That was a lesson learned!

  So my advice is find out what the colors are first and if its a traditional, semi-formal or formal. As if its an all white wedding and you wear all black, you are definitely going to stand out. Personally, I do not want to stick out like a sore thumb. The focus is the couple getting married and I do not want to take away from that. Especially when the couple are exchanging vows. As people's attention is brought to me anyway, as I am constantly moving around and maybe pointing a camera in their direction. Blending in the best way possible is what I aim to do. Then make sure you look well polished, professional and most importantly you are comfortable. As you will be bending down, stepping up on a rock or stairs. Its important to wear something that allows you to move around quickly. You can't go wrong with a well polished and professional attire any time. That's just my take on it! The best teacher is experience! 



No comments:

Post a Comment